Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Spotted! The rare and elusive Subaru SVX!



Rare bird sighting alert!  I saw my first Subaru SVX in the wild a couple of days ago.  I noticed it as I was driving back to work from some lunch break Christmas shopping.  I parked my car and ran back to my office to let my boss know I may be late for our impending meeting.  When she asked why, all I said was that I had to take a picture of a car.  She laughed a little and nodded her reluctant approval.  With that I was out the door. 
The car was parked a little less than half a block away and across the main street in town.  I waited for break in the traffic and ran across.  Unfortunately the car was parked facing a concrete wall and I couldn’t get a good look at the front of it.  But I was able to a few pictures on my Blackberry and then escape back to the office in time for the meeting. 


Here’s a one of the shots I took.  Visit the SVX album on the Automophiliac Facebook page to see the other images. 

I was first made aware of the SVX in an import car catalogue I bought at a second hand book store.  I had never heard of the thing prior to that.  It seemed like a quirky sort of sports car... very Subaru.  Here’s a link to a post on Jalopnik that has the sales training video imbedded in it. It will tell you everything you need to know about the car.  Just note, it’s broken up into two parts imbedded in different parts of the article.  Of course, also note that the video was produced by Subaru to inform their sales staff, so it isn’t exactly going to be a balanced review of the car. 

Oh, and good news!  NEVS just announced that they will begin production of the SAAB 9-3 next week!  Check out the press release here.  Unfortunately that news was a little bitter sweet for me as the company has only planned to sell the car in Chinese and European markets.  Bummer. 

Oh and as a SAAB related aside, please watch this ad for the Chinese made Senova.  It’s a sport sedan based on the architecture of the previous generation 9-5.  Only now the Chinese have re-engineered it so that it can drive on two wheels seemingly at will.  Also, it stars Nicolas Cage.  ‘Nuff said.     

Well that’s it for now.  I’m working on writing my first car review right now and hopefully I’ll have it done by the end of the week... if the distractions of life are limited.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment